I provide advocacy, consulting and professional development to schools, districts, colleges and families. My philosophy and approach stem from the firm belief that all children can learn at high levels. I prepare educators to invite all students to the table of scholarship without leaving who they are behind by utilizing students’ culture, home language and diverse learning styles as bridges to academic rigor. My work is located in a leadership capacity building model where clients learn how to facilitate their ongoing learning independently.
For Schools and Districts
Consulting services include but not limited to:
- Leadership Coaching
- Reading Instruction and Intervention
- Systems design and implementation
- CA Dashboard & other data reporting and planning support
- CA Framework & Standards planning and implementation (CCSS, NGSS, ELD/ELA, SS/HIST)
- Career Pathway planning and implementation including a-g certification support
- Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS) – CALSUMS Trained Coach
- Special Education: cutting edge planning and implementation including SMART IEP Goals
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) prep
- English Learner Programs: cutting edge planning and implementation including using NGSS Science
- Culturally Proficient Schools and culturally responsive teaching and learning practices
- Curriculum development including scope and sequence and learning progressions
- Customizable instructional Strategy Toolkit with graphic organizers
- Custom designed professional development creation, delivery and capacity building (sample presentations available up request)
- Advocacy, Coaching and Tutoring for families of students with different abilities
Where I have worked: Alameda County Office of Education, Oakland Unified, West Contra Costa Unified, New York City Public Schools, San Francisco Unified, San Lorenzo Unified, Albany Unified, Mt. Diablo Unified, Pittsburg Unified, Sequoia Union, Sacramento City Unified, Santa Cruz City Schools, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Cruz, CSU San Francisco, CSU Fresno.
Recent Clients include: Zaretta Hammond, Author of Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain, Alameda County Office of Education, Albany Unified School District, Emery Unified School District, College and Career Support Network at UC Berkeley and Hayward Unified School District
- I offer limited FREE email support to teachers that includes customizable instructional strategies and graphic organizers from my Strategy Toolkit .
- Advocacy and consulting hourly services regarding Special Education IEPs, home learning support programs for students with disabilities, resources and more.
- A fully customizable set of research-based instructional strategies and graphic organizers that can be used to develop literacy across content. Contact me for samples and more details.